Timer to replace toggle switch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

S'mise

I was wondering if a timer is available that's small enough to replace a standard toggle switch for lighting.

I've used decora shaped timers but have never seen a timer that'd fit a toggle plate.

Do they make such a thing?

S'mise

Me. But yes, point taken.

Although It could have a rotating toggle to select the time, or just time out after a fixed 8hrs.

kwired

Electron manager
Me. But yes, point taken.

Although It could have a rotating toggle to select the time, or just time out after a fixed 8hrs.
That is what we have had for many years with spring wound timers. Most usually had their own plate with time marks on them though. Modern ones have a aux plate with markings that can fit on standard toggle opening or a decora opening though.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Do you have room for a solid state timer ?
He does; he's hoping to avoid having to use a Decora plate.

Well, lookie-lookie at what I found!

SS20F.jpg

kwired

Electron manager
He does; he's hoping to avoid having to use a Decora plate.

Well, lookie-lookie at what I found!

SS20F.jpg
Guess that is fine alternative for a spring wound type timer.

I was initially thinking of programmable 24hr - 7 day timers, the user interface would be nearly impossible to use via a toggle switch sized opening.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Thanks Larry. I couldn't find specs, but It looks like it has a wider toggle requiring a special switch plate.
What he said:
It’s just frameless, that just makes it look bigger. Should fit a standard plate.
If you're still unsure, contact the manufacturer or seller. The page I posted has plenty of customer service contact info.

Status
Not open for further replies.