Time Current Curves for Obsolete Fuses (Part#2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gershon

Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Hi all,

Currently, I'm looking for a ECON-ECS 600A fuse data sheet + time-current curves on the internet but to no avail. I'm collecting data from an old facility that was built back in 1978 with the goal of completing an arc flash study.

SKM advised they didn't have the fuse in their .lib database.

I did see this comment left in another forum; It's good to know what happened to older companies (that no longer are in the business of PD) since I've only been in the industry for 4 years.

“They were part of FPE, then when FPE fell apart in the US they existed as FPE Canada, which eventually got out of the fuse business in around 1979, then some time later FPE Canada became Federal Pioneer and is now part of Schneider. But the fuse division never made it that far so nothing of the old Economy Fuse Mfg. Co. exists any more.

There was nothing very special about there fuses however (other than being made with asbestos, which became problematic later and likely why nobody here picked up the mantle). most of the big fuse suppliers will be able to cross over old Economy Fuse part numbers to several current brands.”

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

gershon

Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I looked at the notes in EasyPower library for your fuse and they based their model on Reliance RK5 Multipurpose fuses

Thank you so much for the update.

I looked over the SKM lib file and found the Reliance RK5 listed.

I tried searching on google and see to come across same notes but to no avail. At this point, I'll just have to take that ECON-ECS are based off Reliance RK5 fuses.

Status
Not open for further replies.