This could be a lot of fun

Status
Not open for further replies.

hbiss

EC, Westchester, New York NEC: 2014
Occupation
EC
I did not know think about the email address that had been attached to it for 35 years.

It's not really "attached". See if it still works. Cablevision here will keep your email going indefinitely when you leave them. But still, that possibility was why I have my own domain with email as well as a gmail account.

-Hal

NE (9.06 miles @5.9 Degrees from Winged Horses)
Occupation
EC - retired
It's not really "attached". See if it still works. Cablevision here will keep your email going indefinitely when you leave them. But still, that possibility was why I have my own domain with email as well as a gmail account.

-Hal
I did the chat link with my phone provider and they are reactivating it. Took an hour, but way better than the trying to contact everyone I had it linked to. I have a gmail that I use for other stuff.

d0nut

I did the chat link with my phone provider and they are reactivating it. Took an hour, but way better than the trying to contact everyone I had it linked to. I have a gmail that I use for other stuff.
Haven't you been trying to retire for quite a while. Looks like you missed a golden opportunity to make a clean break.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Just my 2 cents, given how valuable it can be to your business your email address should not be owned by anyone but you.

NE (9.06 miles @5.9 Degrees from Winged Horses)
Occupation
EC - retired
Haven't you been trying to retire for quite a while. Looks like you missed a golden opportunity to make a clean break.
Clean break...that's funny. The paper work involved is enough to drive me nuts. Final notices to 30? different agencies. Moving sh stuff I want to play with. Putting it away. Selling, giving or throwing away the rest. Taxes alone will be next year.

retirede

I am disappointed. I saw the thread title and was expecting something like, "Ive got an excavator, a building that needs to be demolished, a 12 pack, and all weekend....."

08ff4b2353f98426a84aeed686c42b02.jpg

Strathead

Occupation
Electrician/Estimator/Project Manager/Superintendent
Just my 2 cents, given how valuable it can be to your business your email address should not be owned by anyone but you.
I agree. When I see a business with a gmail account, I think less of it immediately. I admit it is a prejudice, but there it is.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
I agree. When I see a business with a gmail account, I think less of it immediately. I admit it is a prejudice, but there it is.
What I find even more annoying is when a business website links to their Facebook page. There are still some of us who are not on Facebook.

Status
Not open for further replies.