Tesla Powerwall

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaggedben

Occupation
Solar and Energy Storage Installer
The current Powerwall has its own inverter. It acts as primary source when the grid goes out. Any other utility interactive inverter will work with it in a microgrid as long as it's not sized too big for the system and load.

You can contact Tesla and tell them you want to become a certified installer, but don't hold your breath on them acting on that. Last I knew they were not expanding their list of installers.

Chamuit

Grumpy Old Man
Occupation
Electrician
I just completed the Tesla Powerwall2 training, two weeks ago. Very straight forward. Biggest issue is making sure the CTs are properly oriented according to the trainer.

I did my first install last week in an undisclosed location. It was easy. The installation did not require any adjustments to the installed CTs.

caribconsult

Occupation
Retired computer consultant
I just completed the Tesla Powerwall2 training, two weeks ago. Very straight forward. Biggest issue is making sure the CTs are properly oriented according to the trainer.

I did my first install last week in an undisclosed location. It was easy. The installation did not require any adjustments to the installed CTs.

What is a "CT?"

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
What is a "CT?"

A CT is a Current Transformer, a device which interfaces with a current carrying conductor and provides an output which is isolated and delivers a current which is proportional to and in phase with the current to be measured. It allows for power metering and detection of the direction of energy flow across an interface.
The alternative is a resistive shunt which provides a non-isolated voltage proportional to the current.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.