tenant expanding into existing space

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a client who is expanding into an existing space that has an existing service. Client doesn't want to pay to upgrade to one service. Is it possible to have it stay the way it is? Never came across this problem before.:huh:

growler

I have a client who is expanding into an existing space that has an existing service. Client doesn't want to pay to upgrade to one service. Is it possible to have it stay the way it is? Never came across this problem before.:huh:

I think you will have to deal with the local authorities about this.

I think it is possible for one tenant to occupy two different tenant spaces ( two seperate addresses). Either the owner or the GC that is hired for the expansion will have to sort this out with the local building department.

Normally they would have to come up with a set of plans for the expansion and submit these plans for review by the building dept and fire marshal.

That's what I was thinking. I needed to get with the city. I was just hoping someone could confirm or point me in the right direction. Its a lease space with multiple tenants. One tenant is buying out the other tenant. But wanting one bill. And not pay for service up grade. There is a main disconnect and 5 mains switches. She basically wants the 2 meters at service addressed to her space. Is this possible?

Last edited:

growler

That's what I was thinking. I needed to get with the city. I was just hoping someone could confirm or point me in the right direction. Its a lease space with multiple tenants. One tenant is buying out the other tenant. But wanting one bill. And not pay for service up grade. There is a main disconnect and 5 mains switches. She basically wants the 2 meters at service addressed to her space. Is this possible?

She probably won't need a service up-grade but just getting one bill will be between her and the power company.

I will venture a guess at what's the simple way to do this. She will take over the lease on the other space, have power tranfered into her name ( pay required deposit) and then start receiving bills.

First off I don't think her business license will cover the other space because it will be a seperate address. So I think as far as the authorities are concerned she will be like a new tenant moving into a new space.

mgookin

It's been done like that forever around here. Mark those services with the address numbers and "Service 1 of 2 - other service located xxx ft nw"

Status
Not open for further replies.