Temporary Hot Tub Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ksprul

New User
Occupation
Engineer
Hi,
I’m in the process of having a spa area built in my garden which will include the required liquid tight conduit path from one of the houses primary distribution panels and a local disconnect, built into a retaining wall. The build out of the spa area is 3 months behind and the Tub arrived this evening and was placed on a patio area whilst its final resting place is completed. Aa you can imagine everyone is itching to try the spa and so I’m considering a temporary hook up. I’ve come up with some different options for the 100ft cable run to the tubs current location and wanted to get some feedback.

option1 - 100ft of MC 6/3 copper in a PVC jacket run above ground around the perimeter of the house from the panel to the tub (my preferred option)
option2 - PVC conduit with #6 wires pulled, again run above ground around the perimeter of the house
option3 - Cable or conduit routed through the crawl space to the tub location (least preferred options as it requires cutting short term holes in the basement walls)

Both options would use a temporary disconnect attached to the wall ~6ft from the tub and 50amp GFI breaker in the destruction panel.

Suggestions and advise would be much appreciated
Karl

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
Sure- suggestion is to hire a qualified electrical contractor, there are a lot of considerations in spa installations that if not complied with that can result in shock or electrocution, your temporary installation probably won't provide the required NEC installation, or may not pass electrical inspection,
We don't allow DIY posts here. Your profile states Engineer, what kind and how are you related to the electrical industry?

Status
Not open for further replies.