Task Sheet/Timeline

mannyb

Occupation
Electrician
Question for anyone who has worked managing crews out of town or larger projects where your trying to keep track of milestones, where you would create a task sheet noting everything completed or needs to be completed. In smaller to mid size shops you can usually walk in to office and give supervisor your progress and updates but working remote from site or larger projects you cant do that. If you can share how you track projects or timelines please share ideas.

Strathead

Occupation
Electrician/Estimator/Project Manager/Superintendent
Question for anyone who has worked managing crews out of town or larger projects where your trying to keep track of milestones, where you would create a task sheet noting everything completed or needs to be completed. In smaller to mid size shops you can usually walk in to office and give supervisor your progress and updates but working remote from site or larger projects you cant do that. If you can share how you track projects or timelines please share ideas.
Any Gantt chart program. Microsoft Projects, or a free one. I can't envision anything much different than the same graphical representation done by almost every GC for every project.

gadfly56

Occupation
Professional Engineer, Fire & Life Safety
If you have access to Sharepoint and Microsoft Projects you could use that. It requires more effort, but might give you a more global view of things.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
I’ve been using Asana for the last 5+ years.

I’ll setup a board with job phases and milestones within each phase. It has a mobile app and a nice web interface.

Each team member for a project is assigned their milestone and simply check it off when complete. They can add notes, pictures, files, etc. You can get daily updates via email on overdue tasks. My daily workflow is usually to triage emails and then login to Asana and check project updates.

It’s dead simple to use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Occupation
Electrician
On bigger projects, I swear by tools like Asana or Jira. They're game-changers when it comes to keeping track of what's been done and what's in the pipeline, especially when the team's scattered all over the place. You can update your progress in real-time, assign tasks, and even set deadlines, all without the hassle of going office to office. Keeps everyone in the loop and makes sure nothing slips through the cracks. Hope this helps!