tank gnd

Status
Not open for further replies.

hhsting

Occupation
Junior plan reviewer
I have wye to wye pad mounted three phase customer owned xfmr x0/h0 bonded. Customer owned Hv side compartment has h1, h2, h3 terminals and ground pad. Customer owned LV side compartment has x1, x2, x3, h0/x0 terminals and additional ground pad. Their is a strap x0/h0 to LV compartment ground pad. I think both compartment sides ground pads are tank ground not sure.

Question typically:

1. Do both sides compartment ground pad solidly grounded or just one?

2. Is their any bonding or connection between two ground pads intenral, compartment to compartment or factory?

3. Would HV side concentric neutral cable land on HV compartment ground pad?

Last edited:
I have wye to wye pad mounted three phase customer owned xfmr x0/h0 bonded. Customer owned Hv side compartment has h1, h2, h3 terminals and ground pad. Customer owned LV side compartment has x1, x2, x3, h0/x0 terminals and additional ground pad. Their is a strap x0/h0 to LV compartment ground pad. I think both compartment sides ground pads are tank ground not sure.

Question typically:

1. Do both sides compartment ground pad solidly grounded or just one?

2. Is their any bonding or connection between two ground pads intenral, compartment to compartment or factory?

3. Would HV side concentric neutral cable land on HV compartment ground pad?

Probably best to keep going with the existing thread in the PV forum rather than start a new one. A mod will probably close this.

1and 2: yes the ground lugs or terminals are bonded to the transformer frame. That's what a ground lugs/terminal is.

3. Yes. If there is no HO bushing, what else might one do with it? Connect it to a turbo encabulator?

hhsting

Occupation
Junior plan reviewer
Probably best to keep going with the existing thread in the PV forum rather than start a new one. A mod will probably close this.

1and 2: yes the ground lugs or terminals are bonded to the transformer frame. That's what a ground lugs/terminal is.

3. Yes. If there is no HO bushing, what else might one do with it? Connect it to a turbo encabulator?

3. Perhaps tie all HV concentric neutrals together in HV compartment and connect it to ground ring and have additional GECs from ground ring to ground pads both compartments?

3. Perhaps tie all HV concentric neutrals together in HV compartment and connect it to ground ring and have additional GECs from ground ring to ground pads both compartments?

Sure. I dont think the exact configuration really matters. Its just like any other situation where you have a bunch of connections that are common. Depends on installer. preference, field conditions, and the connectors that are used

Status
Not open for further replies.