T300.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

mannyb

Occupation
Electrician
as far as conduit in a slab. If its in slab under building its zero inchces of depth?. If its a building, like warehouse, where you would have traffic for loading unloading. The conduit would need to be 4'' deep under a 4'' slab. Slab needs to be at least 4''. I am i reading this wrong.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
The code permits "zero" inside the building no matter what type of building. Few civil engineers for that jobs I have been on have ever permitted my conduits to be run in the concrete itself where the construction is slab on grade...they typically require the conduit to be below the subgrade that concrete is poured on. Sometimes the specs have required 12" or more below the surface of the subgrade, but most just required the conduit to be completely in the subgrade.

mannyb

Occupation
Electrician
The code permits "zero" inside the building no matter what type of building. Few civil engineers for that jobs I have been on have ever permitted my conduits to be run in the concrete itself where the construction is slab on grade...they typically require the conduit to be below the subgrade that concrete is poured on. Sometimes the specs have required 12" or more below the surface of the subgrade, but most just required the conduit to be completely in the subgrade.
I ve had some allow max 3/4'' pvc in slab. for floor boxes They said it compromises concrete.

Status
Not open for further replies.