Suspended ceilings

Fordean

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Have our cat 6 And Mc cables tied to steel joists Worried of suspended ceiling guys Just wrapping their ceiling tie wires around areas And possibly damage some cables Triec to run them in the inside corners But just gets impossible after all installed Wish ceiling guy would use bang on clips Some use the long rod to tie around areas Not knowing if pinched wire underneath

hbiss

EC, Westchester, New York NEC: 2014
Occupation
EC
I think you are saying that you ran your cables along the steel joists and you are worried about the ceiling guys tying their hanger wire around the joists and possibly damaging your stuff? You probably should have used hangers off the joist. Still can. They bang on too.

-Hal

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
Have our cat 6 And Mc cables tied to steel joists Worried of suspended ceiling guys Just wrapping their ceiling tie wires around areas And possibly damage some cables Triec to run them in the inside corners But just gets impossible after all installed Wish ceiling guy would use bang on clips Some use the long rod to tie around areas Not knowing if pinched wire underneath
Why would they??...more material and labor to do that. If they can wrap the wires round the bottom chord of the joist from the grounding they save lot of labor, especially compared to have to get up to the level of the joist to install some type of clip.

hbiss

EC, Westchester, New York NEC: 2014
Occupation
EC
Not knowing what the steel looks like and how exactly your cables are run I'm just trying to visualize from what you are saying. I have run cables along the web of I beams and I can't believe that they would sock their support wires up so tight that they would affect your cables.

-Hal