Supplying some RV Sites

Status
Not open for further replies.
So for background, I'm a red seal electrician, going in to write my FSB B exam shortly towards getting a contractors license. Primary purpose for all of this is to be able to do work on an RV park that I own with a friend. I'm in Canada, for what that matters. I'm going to be doing a LOT of work on this property, and the licensing and fees make way more sense versus contracting out work I can do myself.

I'm looking at installing power for 2 x 50A 240 V sites, and then 6 x 30A 120V sites, that basically run in a East to West line out from the building my new panel is going to be in. We're ripping all the existing infrastructure out because there's a panel mounted in the yard on a half rotten pole with a plywood enclosure built around it and some direct buried NMWU that is giving some pretty gnarly voltage drop numbers.

At this point, I'm leaning towards running 1.25" conduit to the first two sites, as well as each pair of sites (five conduits total), and pulling RW90 AL in to feed everything. I suppose I could loop feed the first two sites, but for the length of the run, why bother? I want to oversize the conduit (I only NEED 1") because I'm going to have to pull it.

My real question is what do you suppose my best option is going to be for getting 5 conduits out of a trench and into the building where the panel is going to be? Should I be mounting an auxiliary gutter on the outside of the building, then a couple 2" conduits in to the panel? Convert to EMT out of the ground and use kicks and LBS's? It would make for an interesting art installation I suppose.

Building is concrete block on a concrete slab foundation, so there's no crawl space access. Don't really want to mount the electrical panel on the outside of the building for the cost of going Nema 3R. My other thought was to use ACWU, but I like the idea that I can pull wire out and change it some day if I have to...

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
At the request of the OP I moved this here from the Canadian Forum. By the way, Red Seal is a province wide electrical license, not like here in the US where our licensing is by State and even City

Thanks! I realize I probably didn't need the backgrounder info, just though I would explain where I'm coming from on this, and why I would bother asking for the input. I would edit the post to remove some of that info, but I'm not sure I can. I wanted broader input than just the Canadian Forum would give visibility to. Thanks in advance. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.