Suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

arcsnsparks98

I have an upcoming job where I will be wiring lights and receptacles in a 60' x 100' enclosed pole building. Its an ag use shop with some storage. The owner has indicated that at some point in the future he wants to put corrugated metal up as an interior wall and ceiling cover. Im looking for a few fresh ideas as to how to install the receptacle and switch boxes so that they will allow for an interior metal wall covering after the electrical is complete. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

John120/240

I would use EMT w/4 sq boxes or PVC w/PVC boxes or Bell boxes. Install your boxes so that they end up close to flush with the proposed sheet metal. How is this different than sheetrock ? Sheetrockers always come after electricians & cut the rock to fit our openings. Same with sheetmetal AFAIK.

arcsnsparks98

EMT and 4"x4" boxes is what I was leaning toward. Since it is an ag use shop I am wanting to use raised covers as opposed to plaster rings and standard covers. My apologies...I failed to include that in my original post.

Status
Not open for further replies.