Stuff Suppliers Don’t Have

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmellc

Occupation
Facility Maintenance Tech. Licensed Electrician
Here is a small example of simple things most supply houses in my area don’t have any more. I’m doing a job for a friend & had to get these at Big Orange. I could maybe understand the roof flange but the riser clamp should be a standard item. Supply houses used to have both. Supplier also didn’t have any glue in box adaptors, forcing me to use male adaptors on thick walled PVC Junction box. Bushings will be nearly impossible to install & keep on.

Attachments

• 3E026811-4F69-41DF-B8CC-864ED70E8B62.jpeg
    3E026811-4F69-41DF-B8CC-864ED70E8B62.jpeg
    527.2 KB · Views: 31

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
Those two items are common at all of our area suppliers.
A bit more specialized but VFDs are non existent in all but one of our suppliers.
IME, few suppliers are stocking VFDs anymore at the local distribution point. Usually we can get them in a day or two from their central warehouse. If we order before about three pm, pretty much anything that is in the central warehouse is delivered overnight to the local place and they deliver it to us later in the day. We can get many enclosures this way as well. The local place stocks some small junction boxes but the larger stuff is in the central facility. The bigger ones (maybe > 50 HP) are often build to order but usually we can get those within a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.