Strange thing going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

michalspike

Recently we did kitchen renovation. After few weeks stove start flicker (on,off). Owner thought that was a bad stove and he replaced it.
New stove started doing the same thing. We tried everything: change outlet, change breaker nothing help. Funny part that we connected something else like radio and was working fine under this receptacle. After switching phases that help. But recently i got call that stove started doing it again. Can anybody explain that?

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
What kind of stove? Gas or electric?
If you can just plug a radio into the same receptacle it sounds like the stove runs on gas and is just taking 120V for its controls.
We need more information. The electronic controls on some stoves are very sensitive to noise or fluctuations on the incoming power, which might account for some problems.

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
Can we do something about it? or i should call services provider?
If you are asking that question here, I would recommend that you call the provider.
Messing around with a gas stove remotely is well out of my comfort zone.
You might see about putting a power quality monitor on the incoming lines though. Even the provider may want that information. The one thing for sure is that is not just a defect in the stove.

junkhound

Occupation
EE, power electronics specialty
stove start flicker (on,off).

Describe in better detail - timing, what is on off indication: i.e just the display flashed or the stove lights itself? only the clock flashes? etc..

model number?

have seen downdraft fan causing similar when the flapper moves due to changes in internal house pressure. Do you have a whole house vent fan on a timer? any correlation?? etc.....

gadfly56

Occupation
Professional Engineer, Fire & Life Safety
They sent a services guy to look it over and he couldn't find anything.

You called the Bosch guy or POCO guy? Neither is going to be highly incentivized to find a problem. I vote for the power monitor.

Do their computers crash at the same time? If they have a UPS for one or more computers, sometimes there is UPS software that will clock any outages.

Status
Not open for further replies.