STEP UP Transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.

reyweesor

Sitio Puting Bato, Mayuro, Rosario, Batangas
Occupation
Electrical Practitioner
Good day to all Professional Engineers!

I just want to seek some ideas about the step up transformer. But I will share first our situation.

In philippines, our Primarily Line is 13.2kV/7620V Three Phase System.

Now, I have back up generator 1.3 MVA, 3 Phase, 230V at 60 hz.
We will use also the 3-250 kVA transformer, 13.2kV/7620V - 230V as step up to be connect in WYE-DELTA.

On my loads, i have different loads, some are three phase and single phase loads at 230V, each load have individual transformers step down 13.2kV7620V - 230V

If there is a power interruption, the Load break Switch is off,

then i will run my generator as back up supply for my loads.

What will happen to the single phase transformer. would it still operate at normal such as they can still have outputs of 230V?

I have attach also diagram. Please see.

Thank you.

Attachments

• Diagram.pdf
    139.2 KB · Views: 10

NewtonLaw

Based on your attached one-line diagram, your single phase loads should work with the generator without a problem. The open Y- Open Delta bank of two 37.5 kVA units should not be loaded beyond 42.75 kVA but this is true on the generator or on Utility power.

I find it interesting that the bottom three transformers are shown as three single phase transformers and titled as "Single Phase Connection" and yet the low side is marked as "Output: Three Phase, 230V" which suggests the output secondary is connected down stream as a three phase connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.