Status
Not open for further replies.

coinkid47

Occupation
military
Good morning,

I am trying to source an old Square D qoc20u surface panel cover 20 slot

roughly 15wx27h

any helps with links or sources or able to purchase a cover would be so much help

THANK YOU!

kwired

Electron manager
Good morning,

roughly 15wx27h

any helps with links or sources or able to purchase a cover would be so much help

THANK YOU!
How old is old? is it 125 amp or 225 amp bus? 27" high sounds like possibly 225 amp bus with three phase main or is old enough that even single phase main would have been Q2 style breaker 125 amp or less probably not that tall for a 20 circuit panel.

jim dungar

Staff member
Occupation
PE (Retired) - Power Systems

The number you have just needs the suffix S to be a legitimate old style cover #QOC20US, but they have not been made for decades.
They were just sheet metal so most of them have probably been scrapped. You may need to make your own.

tortuga

Code Historian
Occupation
Electrical Design
Good morning,

roughly 15wx27h

THANK YOU!
Can you post a picture of the panel? We might have some in our scrap metal bin.

tortuga

Code Historian
Occupation
Electrical Design
Sorry the ones in our scrap bin are the older 70's era covers.
that looks like a 150A 20/30 panel cover probably available still.

hillbilly1

Occupation
Owner/electrical contractor
Probably can take it to a fabricator and get the dent taken out, looks like it has already been painted a different color, so repainting shouldn’t be a problem.

kwired

Electron manager
Sorry the ones in our scrap bin are the older 70's era covers.
that looks like a 150A 20/30 panel cover probably available still.

Yes, anything using QOM1, QOM2 main breakers has fairly good chance of having a currently used cover that will fit.

Covers for QO have separate catalog number and if you purchase from a supply house usually will need to order the cover separately as you can get flush or surface style. Panels sold in big box stores usually have a flush cover included in the package.

Looks like currently made covers with QOM2 main only go as little as 30 space,(QOC30UF) so maybe this one was discontinued. Is possible the 30 space might still fit with little modification - would be my first thing to try.

Status
Not open for further replies.