spray gun applied expanding insulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

kelley

Occupation
Estimator
Has anyone had any experience with this type of insulation. I have recessed ic lights going in the area they are spraying and am wondering what effects this will hvae on the lights or should i box out the lights w/ additional framing to prevent the insulation from enveloping the lights, also is romex approved as a wiring means for this applicaion. The gc has been no help with contact info on this..

thanks for any help

Kelley

Re: spray gun applied expanding insulation

Unfortunately, I can't give you any help with this, but I was flipping the channels one day and saw this insulation being applied. All I could think was that I hope I never have to try to snake wires through this stuff. :roll:

A

a.wayne3@verizon.net

i think I saw the same program was it applied on stud walls ( There was Nm installed )Now i am thinking is this like being embedded in cement????

websparky

For future service calls, I would ask them to install fiberglass around the cans so the foam doesn't completely encase them.
The wires should be no problem as long as you do not have too many on the circuit!

drg

We did a couple homes last year with this polyurethane foam , only the outside walls were filled up to the top plate, the attic is blown in.

We always figured you could never fish a wire in one of these walls, this stuff sets real solid so once they are done thats it.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.