Spell Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
Re: Spell Check

I always compose my messages in Word, then copy and paste them into the Forum. Word is set up to automatically alert me to a possible spelling error, and I can easily fix it before I post the message.

hurk27

If you have any program that allows the spell check in outlook express to work you can just open a send to e-mail and leave it on the desk top and cut and paste to it. That is the way I use to do it but I have been using a little program that Attw turned us on to a while back. But it has one little side effect. when you use it to check your spelling and if you go to add more to your post it will set the ALT key so that when you hit F,A,E,V,T,H, It will cause the corresponding drop down menu to open. I'm use to it now since the forum one wouldn't recognize most of the common electrical terms and many other word's It's not a bad program and does a good job for spelling.

Here's the one: http://www.iespell.com/

cs409

dont worry about the spelling, just send the messages/replies etc....not many on this site can get past the first round of a 2 person spelling bee ;) including ME

For some reason we lost the spell checking when we moved the web server. I'm looking to see why it isn't working and I will get it back online ASAP.

Thanks,
Danny Walsh - Webmaster

websparky

Hi Danny,

I lost several on my server as well. I don't think it is us, I think something with the Spellcheck site is monkeyed-up!

If you happen to figure it out, I would be interested in what you did to fix it.

Thanks!

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician

I also use "iespell" like Wayne posted.

It's easier to use IMO.

Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.