Solar wiring question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am installing an array on a hill. I have conduit from the attic to the panels of about 60 feet. In the attic I have another 75 feet to the inverter. Since the conduit is 3/4 inch can I run 8-2 UF through the underground conduit and the attic? Alternatively, can I run the conduit in the attic as well and run individual THWN or other wet rated wires? I think with individual wires I could pull two #6 and a #10 ground.

Thanks,
phil

ggunn

PE (Electrical), NABCEP certified
Occupation
Consulting Electrical Engineer - Photovoltaic Systems
I am installing an array on a hill. I have conduit from the attic to the panels of about 60 feet. In the attic I have another 75 feet to the inverter. Since the conduit is 3/4 inch can I run 8-2 UF through the underground conduit and the attic? Alternatively, can I run the conduit in the attic as well and run individual THWN or other wet rated wires? I think with individual wires I could pull two #6 and a #10 ground.

Thanks,
phil

I am pretty sure that you cannot run DC through a building without it being in conduit. You also may need a DC disco on the array side of the building.

rgomes26

If you're running dc conductors in the attic they are required to be in a metallic raceway, mc cable 690.31(C)

You'll have to check the size of the UF cables for raceway fill. I'd reccomend you use THWN-2 to make it an easier pull.

Status
Not open for further replies.