SMA Core 33 Power feed in settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJRobinson

Hello,

Our utility is dropping the ball on an upgrade down the line from us. They are allowing us to add 30kW of a Core 33 kW inverter. I left a message with SMA engineering, they are slow at times and we are ready for interconnection. The attached is what I believe points to my answer from the users manual.

I'm pretty sure this would be done with Sunny Explorer.

Looking for details on the settings I need to implement.

Thanks.

Mike

Screen Shot 2022-08-20 at 7.49.30 AM.jpg

pv_n00b

Occupation
Professional Electrical Engineer
It depends on your utility and what they will accept. Some utilities require that the inverter be power limited at the factory in a way that the installer can't change. If they will accept a field setting then you can put the limit in the inverter operating parameters.

solarken

NABCEP PVIP
Occupation
Solar Design and Installation Professional
Hello,

Our utility is dropping the ball on an upgrade down the line from us. They are allowing us to add 30kW of a Core 33 kW inverter. I left a message with SMA engineering, they are slow at times and we are ready for interconnection. The attached is what I believe points to my answer from the users manual.

I'm pretty sure this would be done with Sunny Explorer.

Looking for details on the settings I need to implement.

Thanks.

Mike

View attachment 2561846
You can change the Active power limit and the apparent power limit from their default max three different ways:
1. Via Sunny Explorer utility
2. Via a direct local network connection to the Web UI of the inverter via a browser, like Chrome, either like the instructions in your screenshot during commissioning, or after commissioning and just editing the parameters.
3. Via the Sunny EnnexOs internet monitoring portal.

Status
Not open for further replies.