Slab next to above ground pool . Bonding ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davebones

I'm looking to put in a metal frame above ground pool 21ft ( Fl weather & Grandkids ) . I would like to pour a patio slab up next to half the pool . About 25ft x 25ft roughly. I understand for the pool I need to run the copper ring around and bond to at least 4 of the pool posts and to the pool pump and any other metal items around the pool . The slab will be 4" and I plan on standard reinforcing wire in the concrete pour . Do I need to do anything as far as bonding with the metal wire in the slab ???

Davebones

I saw the article and how it basically said ground ring doesn't make it safer . No problem bonding the metal in the concrete pour . I would be using standard reinforcing wire not rebar for the concrete slab ? I know a lot of concrete slabs like this they use the fiber reinforced concrete instead of metal wire . Would I need to install rebar in the slab to bond with everything else ? I don't have a problem doing extra for safety especially around a pool . Copper grid are we talking about a ground ring ?

winnie

Occupation
Electric motor research
By copper grid I was talking about something like this: https://www.cmiwebsite.com/product/eb3100/ However looking it seems way over priced. 100 feet of grid has about 700 feet of #8 copper wire in it; a pretty hefty premium to get it welded into the mesh.

I don't know if reinforcing wire rather than rebar makes a difference for bonding in the concrete slab.

I am still trying to fully understand the article; in particular the 'not safe' evaluation versus the faults causing the issue. They want a pool with a conductive shell and bonding mesh everywhere including under the pool. Seems excessive to me, but I don't know enough to fully evaluate. That is why I suggested you read the article :)

-Jon

Davebones

I read the article . Researching equipotential ground grid it looks to me the safer way to do what I want as far as bonding in a slab is to run rebar in a square pattern and tie that to a common ground point next to my pool pump . This ground point will have my incoming line ground there , the pool pump ground there , the ring around the above ground pool that bonds to 4 equal pool supports there , metal plate installed inside the skimmer to bond the water bonded there , the bond from the rebar in the slab there too , and any other metal around the pool bonded to that point .

Status
Not open for further replies.