Sizing Of Transformer For Robot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob49

We are installing a Fanuc M-710ic/70 robot. Spec sheet says 3 phase 380-575 volts, 50/60 HZ, 2.5 KW average consumption. Supplier says use three phase 480 volt and at least a 15 amp breaker. We currently have 3 phase 240 volt service. Based on this information, can someone help us with breaker size, transformer size, and overcurrent size. Thanks in advance for any help.

Besoeker3

Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
We are installing a Fanuc M-710ic/70 robot. Spec sheet says 3 phase 380-575 volts, 50/60 HZ, 2.5 KW average consumption. Supplier says use three phase 480 volt and at least a 15 amp breaker. We currently have 3 phase 240 volt service. Based on this information, can someone help us with breaker size, transformer size, and overcurrent size. Thanks in advance for any help.

Transformers are generally rated in kVA so you would need to know the power factor for that 2.5 kW average load. The duty cycle of that average load would need to be known. I mean 25kW for one hour and idle for the next nine as an example.

Bob49

Transformers are generally rated in kVA so you would need to know the power factor for that 2.5 kW average load. The duty cycle of that average load would need to be known. I mean 25kW for one hour and idle for the next nine as an example.

​​​Thank you for the response. I am trying to get more specific info.

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
2.5 kw at 480 could use a 15 a cb on both sides of a 3, 6, 9, 12 or 15 kva xfmr.

There are many other cide compliant silutions. It is a design decision that should probably be made by a qualified electrician.

Status
Not open for further replies.