Siemens BAF2 20 amp tripping

Status
Not open for further replies.

RRJ

Occupation
Electrician
ef0abdf30afc1e061605c8f0d3af0a54.jpg
ef0abdf30afc1e061605c8f0d3af0a54.jpg

Whatever they did here there is another panel upstairs where 5 of this breakers are tripping. This two panels are fed from same breaker. It trips once every week and I have no idea what to do with this. The electrical contractor left me this mess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RRJ

Occupation
Electrician
5ad0a0d55eb1a54bb1403ec2f5a41b5e.jpg

These were the breakers they move to bottom of panel and I took them completely out and blank those spaces. They could figure out the nuisance tripping so the GcC changed a refrigerator and move breakers around but those spaces still tripping mainly A and B phase on the odd side of panel. I got another electrical contractor coming to check the insulation on the feeder.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Are you showing us overheated breaker tabs? If so, the screw holes in the bus may be stripped. That's what the extra screws suggest.

RRJ

Occupation
Electrician
This is a brand new freaking panel and now I’m having 6 or 7 breakers tripping upstairs on a panel tight up to the one on picture. I checked for shared neutrals and resistance on branch circuits. I don’t know what else to do.

hillbilly1

Occupation
Owner/electrical contractor
I did some troubleshooting on an assisted living home years ago, when arc fault just came out. 42 circuit panels full of arc fault breakers. Random tripping.The panel was hot to touch with virtually no load at all. Siemens recalled all the breakers and paid us to replace them. But I don’t see any arc faults in your pictures, so that’s not it. I think they assemble those in Mexico, so it may have been siesta time when they built it! LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.