Service Work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abu65

When doing new homes I like to get 30% when I show up with material and start, 40% at the rough in/temp tp perm inspection and the remaining 30% at the final.

Rdcowart

Occupation
Electrical license Holder
We do a dispatch fee to go look at the work and while we are the we do a complete electrical evaluation of their system. Then we will not charge anything until we are done with the job if it under $3,500. If the job is over $3,500 we will collect 25% and then when we are halfway finished another 25%. We will collect the final 50% when job is completely finished and all inspections have passed. This has worked very well for me often before I have finished the job the customer has added more work for me to do.

kwired

Electron manager
I see nothing wrong if at very least you want to invoice for materials that are on site already.

Contractor acting like a bank? We all do that to some extent at times. Even your suppliers do that for you unless you are purchasing COD.

Use a Home Depot card for purchases? Then the bank that they use for their card services (citibank I think) is the "banker".

Another C10

Electrical Contractor 1987 - present
Occupation
Electrician NEC 2020
I do smaller jobs, anywhere from 125.00 to 10,000.00, I like to ask for a deposit on jobs outside my funding capability when usually supplies are over 1000.00. Another reason I ask for a deposit is it essentially locks in the estimate showing they agree with the terms, to do a large job upfront with no deposit gives the client to much control. ... just sharing my world.

Also if I do a job for 3-4 weeks, I'll usually bill up to date per week.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.