Service entrance conductor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwired

Electron manager
I have plans that show it’s existing condition.
Plans don’t show who did what. No service point either.

Main breaker is main service switchboard 2000A

Cond #1 is (7) sets of 4#500kcmil +1#3/0G in 4 inch conduit. You see #3/0G is not sized per table 250.122 but it’s existing

Cond #2,#3 is 4#10 +1#10G in 3/4 inch conduit

Disco A is 30A fuse disco service entrance rated
Please tell me that 2000A switchboard supplies more than just the one 30 amp circuit.

Is the meter a POCO meter or for owner's own monitioring purposes?

POCO's generally will want all access points to non metered conductors to be lockable/sealable to lessen power theft possibilities. That would include the disconnect(s) ahead of meters and splice boxes or wireways. Meter centers generally are built to meet those requests and you generally can't access unmetered conductors without removing POCO locks/seals, even if they incorporate a "service disconnect" ahead of all the meters.

xformer

Occupation
Master Electrician
Are "ConA" and "ConB" on the load side of the "Main Fused Disconnect" ?
(I'll answer for you so this won't be one of your 10 post questions)
Yes they are on the load side of the "Main Disconnect" ergo, they are NOT service conductors.
Why did i read that in the voice of the architect?

kwired

Electron manager
NO. Service point doesnt really matter. Meter disconnects are on the load side of the service point all the time.

Here is one of your previous threads on the topic:
I have to disagree on that.

Simple 200 amp 480/277 wye service can have service point be at the point of attachment of service drop conductors. That puts the metering and cold sequence disconnect all on load side of service point and subject to NEC requirements. The POCO will put a lock/seal on the cold sequence disconnect and the meter socket, but they are still customer owned and likely maintained at customer expense equipment, you just have extra involvement with POCO to be able to break the seal that is providing tamper evidence for their cash register that is plugged into the meter socket.

I have to disagree on that.

Simple 200 amp 480/277 wye service can have service point be at the point of attachment of service drop conductors. That puts the metering and cold sequence disconnect all on load side of service point and subject to NEC requirements. The POCO will put a lock/seal on the cold sequence disconnect and the meter socket, but they are still customer owned and likely maintained at customer expense equipment, you just have extra involvement with POCO to be able to break the seal that is providing tamper evidence for their cash register that is plugged into the meter socket.
Isnt that what I said?

Status
Not open for further replies.