Service disconnect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purr24

Occupation
Electrician
There are no fuse holders! 3 lugs for line side and 3 lugs for load side came installed with the switch. The only modification done was removing the jumper.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Purr24

Occupation
Electrician
See picture of box disconnect came in
cb3ea568d12567897ee592ae7922192c.jpg

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
None of the pictures in Eaton's catalog show the jumper. It is shown as a Two-Pole—480 Vac—600 Vac or Vdc 1 (Suitable for Service Entrance Use with a Neutral Kit Installed). I wonder if there were instructions to add the jumper when you use it as a DC disconnect.

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
This came up in a discussion with an Eaton distributor a while back and I was told it was part of a "standardization" so they had one switch that could be used in more than one application (such as AC or DC).
Eaton's "line" was that there distributor would only need to stock 1 item to serve more than one requirement.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
If you look closely, the fuse holders are only on L2 and L3, so by using L1 and L3 you are not going to have fusing on one of your conductors, which would be a violation right there.
Methinks you confused the two pictures that were posted.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
Eaton only makes 3-pole versions of “heavy duty” disconnects. Every single phase 2-pole 60A & I believe 30A disconnect I’ve ordered from them has come with this jumper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Purr24

Occupation
Electrician
There is a 40 amp 2 pole feedind this disconnect it is only used for servicing the unit

Status
Not open for further replies.