Self Grounding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is "self grounding" a well defined feature? Will my inspector automatically accept what it means? I am installing outlets & switches in a garage with steel boxes, leaving off the pig tails would be nice. But I cannot find a clear definitive document that states a "self grounding" fixture does not need the pigtail. The install instructions do not mention it. I even called Leviton tech support, he referred to several documents that I already saw, they all mention "self grounding" in a vague general way but none come right out and definitively say that no pigtail is needed. Just worried the inspector may want to see proof. Thanks.

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
I moved this post to a thread of its own. And then I will close this thread in accordance with forum rules. This forum is intended for use by electricians and electrical contractors, inspectors, engineers, and vendors with their job-related duties. We are not allowed to provide how-to advice to persons who are not employed in this industry, or persons who do not perform electrical installation or maintenance as part of their jobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.