Secured power cords wired directly to Panel for Bitcoin Container

Status
Not open for further replies.

cottora

An update for those that have been following along (and thanks again for the help!). The county has accepted utilizing a factory-installed externally mounted discount arm on our pad-mounted 1MVA transformer as the building disconnect (solved the six-throws issue).

We now plan on installing nine 400 amp 3-phase 208v panels down the container (see conceptual renderings). We originally were going to install PDUs; however, we came across a UL approved mining unit in which they directly wired the power cord to the panel (see below pic). Is such wiring acceptable? Thanks
direct-wire.PNG
S97_V3_side Panels 2020-01-01 09332800000.png S97_V3 2019-12-28 11223800000.png

hbiss

EC, Westchester, New York NEC: 2014
Occupation
EC
ggun said:
Bitcoin "mining" impresses me as a colossal waste of resources aimed at creating something out of nothing.

I would like to ask Cottora how many of these things does he expect to make or sell? Seems like what he's doing is a colossal waste of time also.

Between the weed growers and the bitcoin miners we get here, I don't know who is worse.

-Hal

cottora

Bitcoin mining processes transactions in a secure and decentralized manner. There are many people in the world that would rather the market determine the value vs a a central bank. That said, unless you are a rapper, all of the resources pulling gold from the ground is a waste (and don’t forget diamonds, silver).

Status
Not open for further replies.