resturant bid

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeff43222

Re: resturant bid

Originally posted by shelco:
So they upgraded the equipment to 200 amps but not the service incomming. The customer bought that?
Most people I deal with wouldn't know the difference and are pretty much at the mercy of those of us who do the work. Then again, it might not be an option to upgrade the incoming POCO wires. A lineman from the POCO recently told me that the wires coming from the pole are capable of about 170A, and they won't run new ones if they don't think they are needed. I recently upped a service to 200A, but the POCO won't upgrade the wires from the pole. The lineman told me they are willing to risk overload to their wires.

Still, I informed the client exactly what I replaced and explained that they didn't really have a full 200A service.

resistance

These owners are friends hate to make them madd. If they are friends, then you should already have some form of trust???

Sounds strange to me!!!

If friends can't trust you to do the job, then somethings wrong!!!

mdh

Yea,the poco will be sending a request to the state have his license suspended,as far as friends with the owner it is true but they just did not take my bid,thought I was too high which was fine but with the seal broken the meter readers are required to make a report that got him caught. I am still friends with the owner he just made a bad decision

Status
Not open for further replies.