Remote Switching

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeNorm

Customer has a detached garage with a switch and light. They'd like to be able to turn on the light from the house. Can I use a Lutron Pico RF switch in this situation? If so, what is the distance range they will operate in?

kwired

Electron manager
Now a days you just get some smart switch device and tell Alexa to turn it on, or even turn it on with your mobile device from halfway around the world.

Kansas Mountain

Occupation
Lighting and Lighting Control Designs
The listed range for Pico's is 30', but that range is highly conservative. We've tested them in our office, and were able to operate a light in one of our employee's houses from over 100 yards away. My experience with the product says yes, you'll likely be fine. But if you do run into an issue, it's likely not something the manufacturer or supplier will correct for you.

1652977591894.png

https://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocumentLibrary/040429.pdf

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
It’ll work.

I use the Legrand version of these devices that are on a 2.4ghz Zigbee network. I installed a wireless remote recently between a house an detached garage separated by 100’. The master switch is in the garage behind a metal siding exterior, installed within a metal box and RS cover, and the wireless remote is inside the house. It works perfectly.

Legrand says the range is 30’ point-to-point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.