Recessed light spacing in a vaulted ceiling

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiElectrician

I'm doing the lighting for a friend and have never done anything like this ( I normally just do what the prints say). How do you space them, we're planning on doing the tilt-able ones. If some one has a site or book to recommend I'd appreciate it.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
Can you tell me the room dimensions? Also, what is the low wall height and peak ceiling height ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
The really-right way to do this is determine how many lumens per square foot you want, and then determine how many of what kind of light fixture it would take to provide it.

Beyond that, you have to take into account aesthetics and customer preferences, room or room section usage, etc. Better too much light than too little; you can always dim.

And, it's really hard to do this without being there, especially my second point. I have used only four 8" slope recessed lights in a large room, and ten 6" lights in a kitchen.

McLintock

Occupation
Electrician
Seams like in every house I do at lease one room as a pitched ceiling, I lay out some measurements, usually mark on the floor and laser up, and I have the GC tell me which is best

But go off the floor and laser up trying to measure off the ceiling you’ll be a little off, you also have to consider if the room gets a fan.

“ shoot low boys their riding shetland ponies”

Status
Not open for further replies.