Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw this on another board I read and was wondering what would cause this thanks.

"i think my electrical service isn't enough
#1026918 - 03/19/04 05:11 PM

got my welder yesterday. got the argon tank and the mig wire today, we started using the flux core and it welded like normal flux core. switched to the solid and the thing would weld like crap. wire speed was in spurts, jumpy and the welds looked decent.

my neighbors dad came over and was asking about it, he kept thinking it was 220 but its 110. then he mentioned that the lights were flickering we're thinking that they must have problems with their house. then my dad starts welding again, i look over at my other neighbors house and the lights start flickering, constant with the jumpy wire speed. WOOOPPPSSSS

hope i didn't #*&% the neighbors off too much. my dad is going to call the electric company monday to see what is up

the guy said that the wiring through the town is about 50 or 60 years "

So?

[ March 21, 2004, 05:47 AM: Message edited by: charlie ]

charlie

Re: Question

Generally speaking, the electric utilities do not design their system for welders. You will have to talk to the electric utility to see what they will do. If it were on our system, we would ask (demand that) you to get rid of the welder or pay for the installation of a transformer "just for you". That would take care of the neighbors but you would still have a big problem. All we can do is soften the flicker, we can't stop your flicker unless you have a separate service for the welder (still need a separate transformer). :D

Status
Not open for further replies.