Question on 2014 edition 210.19(a)(4)(c)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curtiszeph

I am studying for a test and came across this tapping rule in the codebook. I am trying to wrap my head around it and was hoping to find a graphic or something to help me see the real world use that it has, if any. Could someone help me understand it? TIA

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
Well, that Exception does not apply to the loads listed in Table 210.2. It also does not apply to the cooking appliances described in 210.19(A)(3). Finally, it is talking about an "individual outlet" that is not a receptacle outlet. That does not leave much that it could apply to.

I don't understand the need for this article or this Exception. Perhaps someone else can make this make sense. In the meantime, however, I would suggest spending less time on this item and more time studying other things.

jumper

Well, that Exception does not apply to the loads listed in Table 210.2. It also does not apply to the cooking appliances described in 210.19(A)(3). Finally, it is talking about an "individual outlet" that is not a receptacle outlet. That does not leave much that it could apply to.

I don't understand the need for this article or this Exception. Perhaps someone else can make this make sense. In the meantime, however, I would suggest spending less time on this item and more time studying other things.

I could not figure out what exception applies to for the life of me.

RichB

Occupation
Electrician/Electrical Inspector
I'll take a shot at it,,,,

It is an exception that allows smaller than 14AWG in the following outlets--Non-receptacle, non-cooking appliance and those not listed in table 210.2--meaning any outlet other than those can use smaller than 14AWG

If it is one of those then it has to be 14AWG or larger. (feeling really smart--ok now go ahead and shoot holes in this folks!!:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.