Question 2 200 amp services drops. On a carriage house and horse barn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCrow

Occupation
Electrical
1 200 amp service is on front of home and fees carriage home the second 200 amp feeds the barn. I would like to. Remove a line to the property and make one line to proberbty.What must be done

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
I would put a 400A (320A) meter socket on one of the buildings, then run to a 200A panel in each building. One set of SE conductors from each lug in the meter.

TheCrow

Occupation
Electrical
Do you now have two meters and would like to reduce it to one?
Yes the customer wants to meters. Meters are very far apart in housing structure
Do you now have two meters and would like to reduce it to one?
Currently have two meters two weather heads on opposite sites of house. I've 250 apart.owner would like to remove a electric pole in middle of yard and utilize the other weather head for the other meter. So u would have two meters from on utility feed. Question is do u need to put 200 outdoor switches to through and a 3 inch up to utility or can you bring two weather heads and tap the utility so u would have 2 blks 2 red 2neutrals to one utility line.

Yes the customer wants to meters. Meters are very far apart in housing structure

Currently have two meters two weather heads on opposite sites of house. I've 250 apart.owner would like to remove a electric pole in middle of yard and utilize the other weather head for the other meter. So u would have two meters from on utility feed. Question is do u need to put 200 outdoor switches to through and a 3 inch up to utility or can you bring two weather heads and tap the utility so u would have 2 blks 2 red 2neutrals to one utility line.
We would all appreciate it if you could proofread your posts better. It is quite hard to read.

Anyway, I would do a two gang meter socket (no disconnects) with a single riser, and a set of service conductors to each building per 230.40 exception #3.

Status
Not open for further replies.