Protection/Coordination Study of power distribution system

Status
Not open for further replies.

dahualin

I am doing a project needs a coordination study of the power distribution system. Could you please recommend some websites or software to show me how to do the study? Thanks.

kingpb

Occupation
Engineer, Registered
If you have never done one, I do not recommedn you attempting to do this without being under the supervision of an experienced engineer, familiar in protection and coordidnation.

For references, see the IEEE Buff Book and IEEE Red Book. For Software ETAP or SKM are your best bets.

steve66

Occupation
Engineer
www.skm.com

There is also easypower and EDSA. I use SKM. They will all provide free samples of their software (with a lot of features disabled, and a time limit on the trial).

Steve

ryan_618

I'm not an engineer, so you should probably take the three earlier posts more seriously than mine in this area. The times that I have seen it done, however, have been done by the manufacturer(s) of the equipment.

ron

Ryan,
Point taken. However, when the manufacturer does the coordination, you need to hope that they make choices that support the distribution philosophy of the owner. In many studies, there are choices to be made when deciding what should be selective and what can be compromised. The manufacturer wouldn't be in a good position to know that from the owner.
JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.