Proposals Due November 7th

Status
Not open for further replies.

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
Reminder to get your proposals done. I don't seem to have anything to add this cycle, which must mean that either:

A. The 2014 cycle is perfection.
B. They finally broke me.
C. My givadarn is busted.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
The nov deadline is for online proposals. You cannot submit any new proposals if it is not online because that deadline has passed.

George you had a lot of good ideas last cycle but you went for major changes. That is not an easy task. There is still plenty to change but I find the wording to be quite difficult. Every time I write a change I see another problem that it may create. Very frustrating.

kwired

Electron manager
thank you
hopefully a set of standard test procedures can hel to improve the skills and safety of the electrician and their customers

well submitted one so we'll see what goes on:lol:
Are you trying to submit safety procedures or request that safety procedures be included in NEC?

If so they do not fit within the scope of NEC (NFPA 70) which is in section 90.2.

The NFPA publication that this kind of safety is already being addressed by is 70E.

gnuuser

just creating a standard for test procedures and training (not every state or city is the same and a lot of training is ignored)

kwired

Electron manager
just creating a standard for test procedures and training (not every state or city is the same and a lot of training is ignored)
You would first need to get 90.1 or 90.2 changed, testing and training procedures are not part of the purpose or scope of the NEC

gnuuser

i understand that it is not in the scope of the nec
but standardizing procedures and training should be
under-trained people working on power systems are a hazard
without a standard to follow the qualifying agencies can easily overlook facets of training that are required to perform a job safely and correctly
as electricians we work with various power systems and there are inherent dangers with all of them.
do you want half trained people working on your equipment when your safety is on the line?

ive seen work from other people with glowing credentials that i wouldn't trust to change a light bulb any more:thumbsdown:

dont get me wrong here the nec code is extensive and thorough in regulating systems and installations and that is a good thing
but if it doesn't have any standard to follow on training and procedures it does little good if the electrician doesn't know about them!
(journeyman not even knowing the nec code exists) (yes i have seen this numerous times)
now can you see what im saying about no standard of training?

my training came from the military so I know what im talking about here
you had to be thorough on your task and qualified to do the job or you were not allowed near it.

Last edited:

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
you had to be thorough on your task and qualified to do the job or you were not allowed near it.
The code does not care if you are trained...it only cares that you install it per the code rules. The code is an electrical installation code, it is not a safety code, a training code or a testing code. You public input will be rejected because it is outside the scope of the NEC.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
OK, so the online submission session is now closed, how did everyone do? I think that I got about 15 completed. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.