Progress Billing on electrical installation/construction

Status
Not open for further replies.

gotyou20022000

Hello fellow electrical enthusiast. I would like to ask any data, computations, sample computation for a progress billing on a residential electrical installation project. This would be my first time if being granted.

I believe that it will be based on a relative percent weight on the installation of electrical devices, wiring, and others. But i dont have any table. Please extend some help. Thanks.

jimthies

Re: Progress Billing on electrical installation/construction

It has been my experience that you could bill 70% opon a rough in inspection and 30% upon final inspection. This would be for a smaller residential project (single family dwelling) assuming the rough in was considerably less than one month. If it is larger you would want to bill at very least your expenses (labor and material included) that you incurred for that month.

hasty

I bill in three parts, I get 50% up front as a matrials draw, 25% at rough in 25% within ten days of final inspection.
Unless its one of my regular contractors, and we have a special arrangement.
Jim

aelectricalman

I basically ask for 60% after Rough-in inspection and 40% after final inspection.

I bill a flat $1,000.00 for underground and panel installation. Then I bill 60% of the balance after rough, and the final 40% of the balance after trim. My current rates run approximately from $3.38 to $3.80 a square foot. I complete all the contracted work first, then I do and bill all extras secondarily.

[ December 28, 2004, 07:30 PM: Message edited by: ShockedOneinAZsun ]

Status
Not open for further replies.