Programmable thermostat that does not use batteries? (24 VAC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortuga

Code Historian
Occupation
Electrical Design
Do any of you know of a programmable residential 24 VAC thermostat that does not use batteries? Other than a Nest.
For your typical forced air gas heating system?
They typically have a 18/5 run to the thermostat, I know a 'Nest' does not rely on batteries any others?
I was looking at honeywell but they all seem to rely on two AA batteries, which violates the rules.
Thanks

tortuga

Code Historian
Occupation
Electrical Design
Also found a Pro Select Model: PSTSL11P52 its batteries OR 24V and has non volatile memory.

tortuga

Code Historian
Occupation
Electrical Design
Lots of them. Some may have batteries but that's in case of power failure. You don't really have to use them. Check that instead of just thinking they need batteries to work.

-Hal
Thats what I used to think, all the Honeywell Home thermostats require a AA to operate. You can tell if they dont have a place to land the blue wire.

hbiss

EC, Westchester, New York NEC: 2014
Occupation
EC
Thats what I used to think, all the Honeywell Home thermostats require a AA to operate. You can tell if they dont have a place to land the blue wire.

Stop looking for HOME thermostats (unless you want the WiFi crap).

Here: battery OR common wire. The common will also keep the display illuminated.

-Hal

g-and-h_electric

Occupation
supervising electrician
Do any of you know of a programmable residential 24 VAC thermostat that does not use batteries? Other than a Nest.
For your typical forced air gas heating system?
They typically have a 18/5 run to the thermostat, I know a 'Nest' does not rely on batteries any others?
I was looking at honeywell but they all seem to rely on two AA batteries, which violates the rules.
Thanks
Check VENSTAR thermostats. They do not use batteries, and are "light commercial"stats. The prices werent bad at the local HVAC supply house in Chicago last time I looked

If I am correct ( and being Saturday, I may not be) most of the honeywell residentials only use the batteries for backup IF the 24V drops out.

Howard

Status
Not open for further replies.