Product safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

hkme

I recently replaced all of the switches and outlets in my own home, with new P&S devices.
I used standard devices and wrapped the wires around the screws. Last night when I turned on the light to the bath, I noticed the switch was arcing PROFOUNDLY, I immediately replaced it, but it scared me so much I am considering replacing all (50) of the other switches with another brand. The wire connections were tight, and the switch casing was not cracked or broken. Has anyone else had similar problems with this switch? Should I notify the CPSC? I e-mailed the company, but they did not respond yet. Has there been a recall? Any advise? Thanks

mxslick

I wouldn't lose sleep over that one failure (out of 50) as it is quite possibly just a bad switch. The CPSC won't care unless you experience a higher percentage of failures and will need others to corroborate that there is a problem. I have not hear of any recall on ANY P7S products.

It will be interesting to see what the manufacturer has to say..I hope you saved the switch as they may want it to see what failed. But don't be surprised if they don't respond at all.

I have had switches fail before, it seems to be random and not specific to any one brand.

Status
Not open for further replies.