Prevailing wage jobs

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian john

Re: Prevailing wage jobs

TY:

In our local there is a three strike policy, three filed complaints and your out.
I also stated that this local has improved on this old boy type of operation.

Hillbilly:

Why would you make such a statement. Seems a bit short sited based upon the wealth of information that can be garnered from this site. In my short time here I have seen very littl banter regarding union and non-union. The comments made were neither pro or anti union just my belief, that I like knowing my employees get the best and in this area the best is with the union There are some open shops that do take very good care of their employees. These companies have little or no turnover and do top quality work, but when the owners shut their doors the employees have some benefits that are not transferable.

Do you take care of your employees, holidays, vacation, THE BEST HEALTH CARE available, excellent retirement, good apprenticeship schools. All transferable from company to company.

G

Re: Prevailing wage jobs

Originally posted by hillbilly:
<snip>I'm a independant trying to compete in todays market. When I look around, I think that I have the advantage.
Note: On a prevailing wage job everybody typically has to adhere to the same minimum wage regardless of their status-- Union or Open Shop. All bid things being equal the benefit of the doubt might go to a Union shop, or it might go to an Open Shop with a good history. The playing field should be pretty level in a prevailing wage job (subject to nepotism and/or incompetance-- meaning incompetant bid letters). There are ways to appeal Davis-Bacon prior to submission of a bid, and prior to commencement of construction. The appeal process is very difficult and may not result in a net financial benefit.

Compliance Assistance ? The Davis-Bacon and Related Acts (DBRA) US Dept. of Labor

../Wayne

seal-rev.gif

Image property of: [url="http://www.dol.gov[/url]"]http://www.dol.gov[/url]

Status
Not open for further replies.