PQ Meter

Status
Not open for further replies.

knickelj

I am in the market for a 3 Phase PQ logging meter. After consulting with my utility, I thought I would be best served by a meter with true neutral CT's (not calculated)? If anyone has any experience with multiple brands, and could recommend a brand/model, I would be appreciative. I work for a school district with seven buildings and equipment is added constantly. I have one building with a 4160 service and 480/277 step down transformers (will not measure/ touch the med. voltage). The rest are 120/208, 120/240, 3 phase. I really will be using this for sub cir. and feeder load testing (varies wildly depending on the schedule that day). Most the buildings are 40 plus year?s young and most have had no upgrade to the service (impossible sell). I was considering the new Fluke, and the Ideal 800 series. This is a little over my head so I am not sure if I need waveform capture Etc. or not? I get one chance at this and I would like as much input as possible.

Thanks All!

knickelj

Re: PQ Meter

OK does any one have any experience with power analyzers/ power quality meters? Good, Bad, Ugly. Features you never use, use all the time? Features you wish you had? ...? ...? ? ? ? ?

ANYTHING... ANYTHING

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician

Go to the member directory and search for "brian john" send him a PM.

I'm sure there are others too, but I know Brian is in this field and should have some input on numerous meters.

Roger

charlie tuna

i have two metrosonic data recorders---they are no longer in business---another company has bought them out and provides service to these units. i have used and rented other manufacturers and have found these metrosonics to be user freindly and easy to set up. i am suprised that other contractors do not own data loggers ---- they would call me for their needs???

Status
Not open for further replies.