Power Pack, Occupancy Sensor and Low voltage switch. How they match?

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcosgue

Occupation
Electrician
Hi all,
I need some suggestions. I'm installing lighting control through regular power pack BZ-250 input 120-277v and Class 2 output 24v, an associate low voltage switch LVSW-101 24v, Class 2. Instead the standard ceiling occupancy sensor 24vdc, the person responsible in the job want to use a sensor switch 120-277v with 3 leads, 2 blacks(line in & line out) and 1 white (neutral) for outdoor pole function, similar to models series #s, like SBOR 10 OEX and SBOR 6 OEX. I told him that this is not occupancy sensor and will not work with the low voltage switch, he said yes, just conect the white lead with neutral and the line in and line out with the hot and switch leg and that's it. When I did it, that's no work. I tell him just bring the right 24v ceiling occupancy sensor. This is to illuminate some coolers to storage food.
I don't want to missing out something or there's another way to match these devices that they can work properly.
Any suggestions is very appreciate

hbiss

EC, Westchester, New York NEC: 2014
Occupation
EC
Instead the standard ceiling occupancy sensor 24vdc, the person responsible in the job want to use a sensor switch 120-277v with 3 leads, 2 blacks(line in & line out) and 1 white (neutral)...

A line voltage occupancy sensor is not going to work with 24vdc. That guy has no idea what he's talking about.

I suppose you could use a relay, 120 or 277 volt from the occupancy sensor to the coil with the contacts wired to switch the 24V. But that's an AWFUL amount of trouble to go through instead of using the right 24VDC occupancy sensor to begin with.

-Hal

marcosgue

Occupation
Electrician
Thanks for your input, that was my first idea, but some companies have a lot of material in the shop and they want to use no matter what, may be to save money, but the electricity have own rules no matter what someone want. Again thanks and have a wonderful day.

Status
Not open for further replies.