Poor memory about luminaires taps

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwired

Electron manager
Should be able to order from your local supply house. I've seen it listed online at length up to 1000' but that listing showed it out of stock. Biggest issue I could see with 1000' rolls is the bulk size would make it difficult to work with.
I don't know they have it in 3/8 at my suppliers but they do have several size and types of flex on large reels (probably 1000 foot for 1/2 and 3/4 sizes) and that is what they typically cut off of when they sell it by the foot.

garbo

I have spools of tffn
Just curious. What guage. Years ago we would order as many color of #16 stranded wire in 500' spools as they supply house could supply. Always put #16 stranded THHN or THWN out of habit but always came in marked TFFN or dual rated TFFN & something else. Only used it for controls, indicating 6 watt lamps & solenoids.For some reason all 6 sparkies used #14 wire inside 4 & 8' fluorescent luminares to lengthen ballast or supply wires.

curt swartz

Electrical Contractor - San Jose, CA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I just looked online at 1 of my suppliers and they are at $6.88 for 6' 18/3 and $7.34 for 6' 18/4 whips. I don't know if I would get any better price when submitting order but imagine it would not be much less.

Status
Not open for further replies.