Pool Equipotential Bonding for 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

s.d. cronk

Is is permissible to utilize the wire mesh installed in a pool deck to accomplish the requirement of NEC 680.26 or must it be an actual rod? Upon reading the article it seems like you would need to bond the wire mesh if installed for compliance with NEC 680.26b, metallic parts of the pool structure, but it would not be permitted to be used as the equipotential bonding grid per NEC 680.26c??? Any help or comments would be appreciated, thanks.

s.d. cronk

Re: Pool Equipotential Bonding for 2005

I guess my concern with that section was that it specified the structural reinforcing steel of a concrete pool where reinforcing rods are bonded together and I don't believe that mesh would fall under that descriptive terminology. Plus that comment about the equipotential bonding grid being required to extend 3' beyond the pool walls.

bphgravity

I didn't state that it would be considered the entire required grid, just that it can be used as a part of the required grid.

cpal

While were on the subject how will we handle fiberglass pools ??

See 680.26(C) (3)

Charlie

hey_poolboy

I'm glad to see someone pick this back up. We have hit on this a couple of times recently, but haven't really come to any conclusions.
Equipotential bonding
Art.680.26 C 3

I do a fair ammount of work on fibergalss pools and have been trying to find a good answer. No inspectors in our area have really put forth an actual answer.

cpal

I'd like to see some action on the issue of the alternate means of establishing the equio potential ground grid.

I'm hearing scuttle that NJ has deleted this requirement/ method.??
Can this be confirmed or denied??

Charlie

Status
Not open for further replies.