Pool bonding

Status
Not open for further replies.

toro

New User
Occupation
administrator
I have a new fiberglass inground pool. They poured a 12 inch concrete coping then 5 feet of stamped concrete. Did not install the copper bond wire under the concrete. There is no rebar in concrete. Failed County inspection. So they sawed out 8 inches of the 5 foot concrete next to the coping installed the copper wire and installed paving brick to fill the cut area. Copper bond wire is connected to the bond lug on the pool pump. Problem is the coping concrete, brick etc. is not bonded. I have followed Mike's video step by step. Any idea of the problem. Than You, Chad

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
I have a new fiberglass inground pool. They poured a 12 inch concrete coping then 5 feet of stamped concrete. Did not install the copper bond wire under the concrete. There is no rebar in concrete. Failed County inspection. So they sawed out 8 inches of the 5 foot concrete next to the coping installed the copper wire and installed paving brick to fill the cut area. Copper bond wire is connected to the bond lug on the pool pump. Problem is the coping concrete, brick etc. is not bonded. I have followed Mike's video step by step. Any idea of the problem. Than You, Chad
Your not bonding the bricks or concrete, your just running a bond wire under or within it. The purpose is to make everything the same potential should there be voltage in the ground. Now anything metal (conductive) within the required area around the pool gets bonded to the ground ring bond, including the pool water.
Was the pool re-inspected? If so, did it pass?

We really can't give any advice on how to do any of this since you are not the electrician or in the industry. We can answer questions up to a point but not any "how to" questions. I will leave this open just for general info/questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.