Plugmold compatible with mc

Status
Not open for further replies.

acrwc10

Master Code Professional
Occupation
Building inspector
Perhaps, if cost is no object and you're okay with uneven lighting.

" . . . with price ranging from $90 - $120 per linear foot." 😲 Holy guacamole!

I think I spent about $350 on everything, including the ribbon, dimmers, boxes devices, etc.
No reason to be hurt, I installed several installations like the ones you show and I like it far more than plug mold. (y)

garbo

I usually stagger the splices inside the channel and use those splice kits. They fir nicely in the channel

View attachment 2561635
Great ideal staggering them. We had one over zealous sparky who ordered a lot of the believe it was a receptacle Every 6" making it all that harder to make connections . Some had existing power where it enters close to center of wire mold thru a chase nipple creating a real challenge making splices.

letgomywago

Occupation
residential electrician
Is that a code violation to have lighting on the SABC?
But I like the angle design
The ardorn system has a driver inside of the molding that runs the lv so you can run the separate circuits in they do a good job separating it and they have levernuts in them now. They also have significantly more room for routing wire. I do hate installing it because it's never a normal backslash its always quartz and the counter guys always pinch my wire where it stubs out of the wall. It ends up throwing a wrench in the schedule for them to cut the hole right and the quartz is too hard to just chip out a bit with a screwdriver. Even granite isn't an issue it's just the quartz but that's the style now.

mate96

New User
Occupation
freelancer
Is a channel KO utilized to bring the wire into place? It wouldn't technically be considered a cable KO.
However, I have to admit, I use it to assemble a plugmold instead of using an end feed for the plugmold.
This is because the end feed is quite tall and can be seen under the cabinet. On the other hand, the Wiremold J-box has the same depth as the plugmold.
I wouldn't recommend it if the inspectors were to actually carry out their duties effectively.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I wouldn't recommend it if the inspectors were to actually carry out their duties effectively.
I actually had one inspector who failed me for using shallow WM boxes with blank plates as a junction box to join lamp-cord-provided 120v puck lights to the 14-2 poking out of the back skirt of the cabinet.

He also insisted that the two or three receptacles around the built-in desk, on the opposite side of the room from the counter area, required GFCI protection, because someone could take an appliance there.

I asked him to call his supervisor, who came out and agreed that the desk area did not require GFCI protection, and only asked me to protect the NM from the box openings, where I used the slit rubber tube.

Status
Not open for further replies.