PIPE/WIRE ALREAY INSTALLED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
When pricing a change order and there is a delete of say a switch and some lights and you already pulled the cable or pipe and wire to the locations how do you price that on the c/o? No credit issued for the pipe/wire etc.? Thanks.

jmsbrush

When pricing a change order and there is a delete of say a switch and some lights and you already pulled the cable or pipe and wire to the locations how do you price that on the c/o? No credit issued for the pipe/wire etc.? Thanks.

No credit for what is already installed!!! They can get a credit for fixture and fixture installation. If they want what you already installed removed. That is another change order.

Bill Ruffner

I agree with James. When working up your change order, I would include a credit for the work that has not yet been performed but I would also include the cost to remove what has already been installed. That's only fair.

JP490440

Usually actual time and material on a change for my co.
Credit unused returnable parts and charge for the parts already used and the all the time and labor involved.

Changes tend to make a tightly bid job more profitable and usually it?s something they could have told you about way sooner.

sameguy

Occupation
Master Elec./JW retired
Keep in mind your man is not working on the hard bid price, you just lost x number of hours.
1) Installed per print = ? 1hr..
2) C/O remove above work = ? 1hr..
3) C/O add new work at ? T&M = ? 1hr..
4) Hard work bid time lost = ? 2 hr..
This is why xtras and C/O work can hurt you if you are not on top of your game.

Status
Not open for further replies.