PICO Serial to USB

NE (9.06 miles @5.9 Degrees from Winged Horses)
Occupation
EC - retired
Mostly retired but not quite.

I came across a PICO I installed 10+ years ago. Still fires up.
Problem I am having is I cannot connect via the cable I have. Serial to USB. Laptop says missing driver. My PC does not like my attempt to find a driver and flags them as not suggested or words to that affect.

What site should I be using or will they all come back with such a warning?

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
Mostly retired but not quite.

I came across a PICO I installed 10+ years ago. Still fires up.
Problem I am having is I cannot connect via the cable I have. Serial to USB. Laptop says missing driver. My PC does not like my attempt to find a driver and flags them as not suggested or words to that affect.

What site should I be using or will they all come back with such a warning?
The drivers are maybe written for an older operating system.

I had that happen to me a few months ago. Old USB to serial adapter came up as no driver in a Windows 10 laptop when I was out on a service call. I went online to get an updated driver. It looked like it was updating but when it got done there was a message in device manager that the adaptor was obsolete as of 2013 I think. So I had to go back to office and get older computer running windows 7. Worked fine on that laptop.

Jraef

Moderator, OTD
Staff member
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
The Allen Bradley PICO was brand-labeled from Klockner Moeller, who sold it as the "EZ Relay". When Eaton bought out K-M years ago, they ended the contract with Rockwell, forcing Rockwell to go to the Micro800. But I know for a fact that people used the Rockwell Picosoft software to program the KM/Eaton EZ500 Smart relay devices, so it's a fair bet that the reverse it true. The Eaton software is still available, it's called "easySoft-Pro" and I think it might be free. Worth a shot, and if it works (or not), post back so others can find out.