Picking up an abandoned job

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjhoward

Occupation
Owner TJ Electric
Re: Picking up an abandoned job

Thank you all for the input. I love this forum. I pushed up my price to the GC since he wouldn't have T&M. I allowed 2 hrs/room to prep them for pulling wire (removing drywall and drilling). Then I tallied up the cost for each opening and added $s for "special" items - 6/3 runs for sub panels, updates at the service panels in the basement + some adders for materials + adders for "administration" (Change of contractor etc)
I will track how we actually perform vs. my allowances and share our joy or pain with you. :cool:

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager

Originally posted by oliver100:
But in a single phase fed panel what is wrong to energize all breakers with the that single phase?
I don't believe it actually is against code (too lazy to actually look right now), but seeing 5 #14 circuits fed from a panel that's fed from a #12 or #14, whether properly protected for not, represent as serious design problem. They'll have to run down to the basement everytime they watch TV and make toast while the furnace is on. :D

jjhoward

Occupation
Owner TJ Electric

The sub panels are feed from a SP30 amp breaker with #10/2 wire. Feeding 4 15amp + 1 20 amp breakers from this line may work some of the time, but I won't put my name on it. I think the fact that there are two wires under that one lug may be a problem. Of course the neutral and gnds tied together at the sub is wrong.

gndrod

How many units and what does the meter center look like. The MLO sub should be a four wire to balance out the BCs and have a code compliant grounding system at the service disconnect.
Gut it at T & M or walk.

rbj, Seattle

Status
Not open for further replies.