Passed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Took my Iowa Master Electrician Exam on Friday(10-26-2018) and Passed!

PSI Exams administers the Iowa Electrical Exams. Was given 270 minutes for 110 questions. I used the Mike Holt Intermediate library to prepare and felt well prepared for this test. The test isn't really any more or less difficult than my JW test I took 6 years ago, just longer. Honestly the biggest thing to passing this test isn't electrical knowledge, it's reading comprehension(you need to understand exactly what the question is asking) and being able to use the NEC in an extremely efficient manner. Majority of calculations that were involved were 1 step problems, maybe 1 or 2 that went beyond that.

Now I just need to wait for the State of Iowa to issue my Master License!

Thanks guys!

FYI, PSI for Iowa exams does not provide a score on passing exams. Only on a failed attempt do you get a score break down. I'm a bit frustrated by this, I put a lot of effort into this exam and would actually like to know how I did. It's a big window between 75 and 100%! LOL

rcarroll

Thanks guys!

FYI, PSI for Iowa exams does not provide a score on passing exams. Only on a failed attempt do you get a score break down. I'm a bit frustrated by this, I put a lot of effort into this exam and would actually like to know how I did. It's a big window between 75 and 100%! LOL
However, (there is always a however in life), a 75 gets the same license as a 100. :)

chicagosparky

Congrats Cory!
I just got back from a 1 week Code class in Rapid City to help prep me for 2 State exams I have coming up. PSI test results were discussed & supposedly, you can contact PSI & request your test results if needed. Some states offer reciprocity but sometimes they base it on your score. If you let PSI know this, they'll possibly release them.

Status
Not open for further replies.